The 8-Week Mindfulness Based Living Course (MBLC)
The Mindfulness Based Living Course is an 8-week programme based on the work of world-renowned secular mindfulness teacher Rob Nairn. It is similar in content to the MBSR Course, but is designed specifically for non-clinical populations, and also places a stronger emphasis on cultivating loving kindness and compassion towards ourselves and others.
Three decades of published research indicates that the majority of people who complete mindfulness courses report:
• An increased ability to relax and an improvement in quality and duration of sleep
• The ability to cope more effectively with stress and anxiety, depression, anger and panic states
• The ability to cope better with chronic pain and reduction in pain levels
• Greater enthusiasm, creativity and increased energy levels
• Improved self-esteem and clarity of thought
• A more effective immune system
Particular effectiveness in helping people with the following conditions: cancer, fibromyalgia, psoriasis, generalised anxiety disorder and depression, multiple sclerosis and health care provider self care.
Both courses are largely experiential, each session consisting of at least one 30/40 minute meditation, or “practice” and the opportunity to explore and share in a supportive group environment experiences of the practices both within the group and at home, under the guidance of an experienced practitioner.
Meditation practices include the body scan, mindfulness of breathing, sound, body and thoughts, 3 minute breathing space, mindful movement, mindful walking, loving kindness meditation, mountain meditation and mindful eating. There will also be an exploration of how to bring mindfulness into our daily life, work and communication with others, and how mindfulness can help with stress and anxiety.
Mindfulness is an outlook rather than a technique, and developing a regular meditation practice enables us to cultivate and develop it. Home practice is therefore an important aspect to this training and we suggest putting aside 30-40 minutes a day, to gain the maximum benefit from the course.
Each course consists of:
• A one to one chat on the phone with the tutor prior to the start of the course where required
• Online support for the duration of the course
• Eight two hour sessions
• A fifteen minute tea break each week. Refreshments will be provided.
• A one day retreat/practice day
• An optional follow up session after the course has finished
• 3 Practice CDs and a course booklet
The course tutor is available throughout the duration of the course via phone or email to support you in your practice and answer any questions.
Meditation cushions and chairs will be provided, but feel free to bring warm socks, slippers, blankets and yoga mats for additional comfort. We suggest you wear loose fitting clothes.
The course fee is £200/£170 concession for people on benefits.
Mindfulness Glasgow will always do it’s best to accommodate people on low incomes so please let us know if you would like to be placed on the waiting list for a partially funded place.
For more details please contact Chloe Homewood 07790 001 email@example.com or visit the website www.mindfulnessglasgow.com.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Eight Week Mindfulness Based Living Course are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!