Our Safe Place Challenge is a great event for young people and youth groups, particularly if you are working towards an award or certificate.
Join us at the UK’s largest onshore windfarm for an outdoor adventure challenge for young people to learn basic survival skills like those used by millions of people fleeing war, conflict and disaster worldwide.
The survivial skills and orienteering challenge takes 3 hours to complete and there are two sessions:
Session 1: 11am - 2pm
Session 2: 2pm - 5pm
Participants will be split into groups of 4 or 5, with a maximum of 5 groups taking part in each session.
Depending on numbers there will be six different challenges including:
- Map symbols challenge – Match up the map symbol cards with their descriptions
- First Aid challenge – Build a stretcher then carry a team member over a set distance
- Fire challenge – Start a small fire using basic fire-lighting skills
- Navigation challenge – Using the map provided, produce a route plan or similar
- Shelter Build challenge – Build a shelter within a set timeframe or to a certain standard
- Water purification challenge – Create a water purification filter to provide clean drinking water
Register today to secure your place or get in touch with Lucy at LKirkland@christian-aid.org or on 0141 241 6144 for more information.
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for Safe Place Challenge are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.
Looking to reach new customers? We offer a variety of advertising options with prices starting from just £30 per month!