Join the NTS Eastwood and District Members for their monthly meeting where a speaker will give an illustrated talk!
When, Where & How Much...
||09 November 2017
14 December 2017
11 January 2018
plus 3 more dates, see below for more
||Clarkston Hall, Clarkston
||The talks are free to Centre Members (Non members £2).
About National Trust Eastwood and District Members Centre Meeting
The Eastwood and District Members' Centre of the National Trust for Scotland draws its membership mainly from the southern suburbs of Glasgow and parts of East Renfrewshire.
The Centre offers a full and varied programme of events in both winter and summer which includes:
• Seven illustrated talks whose topics range from aspects of Scottish heritage to travel and history are held from October to April in Clarkston Hall.
• Each talk begins at 7.30pm and lasts about one hour.
• The talks are free to Centre Members (Non members £2).
• Coach trips to places of historic or environmental interest are arranged over the year; concert and theatre outings are arranged mainly over the winter months.
• Our fund raising activities provide regular support to NTS projects.
• Centre membership, costing £10 per annum, is open to any member of the NTS (or National Trust in other parts of the UK).
In addition to these social events, the Centre arranges for volunteers to help at local National Trust for Scotland events.
In particular the Centre provides volunteer guides and helpers at Holmwood House- a property which enjoys a special relationship with the Centre's membership.
Volunteers are always required for Holmwood. If you would like to help in any way contact Iain.McGillivray1@btopenworld.com (Tel: 0141 638 0838) or email@example.com (Tel: 0141 637 2129).
October 12th: Glasgow's Botanic Gardens: 200 Years - Ewen Donaldson
November 9th: A Cutting Edge - Alison Kinnaird
December 14th: Would the real Robert Burns please stand? - Hugh Farrell
January 11th: Alexander 'Greek' Thomson: Why All the Fuss? - Iain McGillivray
February 8th: The Archaeology of the Battle of Waterloo - Professor Tony Pollard
March 8th: Arabella Stuart-TheQueen England never Had - Nan Steele
April 12th: 70 Glorious Years- a Celebration of the Waverley - Ian Quinn
Additional Dates: 14 December 2017, 11 January 2018, 08 February 2018, 08 March 2018, 12 April 2018
While we take every opportunity to ensure the details for National Trust Eastwood and District Members Centre Meeting are accurate, we always advise that you contact the event organiser before setting out for the event to avoid disapointment.